Saturday, March 18, 2017

GOD IS OUR INHERITANCE

GOD IS OUR INHERITANCE

I want to make an announcement this morning: You will not get everything you pray for. I know that by experience and so do you. You have prayed for things that didn't happen; asked for things that never came; hoped for things that never materialized. So let’s be real.

All of the promises of God are Yes and Amen. This has been our theme for all of this year  2017: The Year of Promise!

We look at the promises of God as a physical thing. It relates to a specific request or dream or desire or calling or circumstance. Yet Jesus said…

John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬ Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

The truth is that it never about a physical thing. It is about God!

Abraham… Genesis 15:1 (NKJV) After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”

Numbers 18:20 (NKJV) Then the Lord said to Aaron: “You shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy‬ ‭18:1-2‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬ The priests, the Levites—all the tribe of Levi—shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel; they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and His portion. Therefore they shall have no inheritance among their brethren; the LORD is their inheritance, as He said to them. ‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

They didn't get land; they got God! When we do not get what we ask, God gives Himself!

This is the lesson. God has given us Himself. He is all we need.

Exodus‬ ‭3:13-14‬ ‭(NKJV‬‬) Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

John‬ ‭8:58‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬ Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

‭‭I am… what? Whatever you need!‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

John‬ ‭6:35‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬‬‬‬‬ And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
‭‭‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
John‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬‬‬‬‬ Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

John‬ ‭10:9‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬‬‬‬ “I am the door (of the sheep). If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
‭‭‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
John‬ ‭10:14‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬‬‬‬‬ “I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
‭‭‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
John‬ ‭11:25‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬‬‬‬‬ Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
‭‭‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
John‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭(NKJV)‬‬‬‬‬‬ Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
‭‭‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
Now Alba will come and share more about our inheritance in God Himself!‭‭‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬





No comments:

Post a Comment