Sunday, October 16, 2016

SINCERE FAITH

SINCERE FAITH, Genuine Love Series, October 16, 2016

CONNECT
Jon Foster and Dr. Kilpatrick...

TENSION
Do you have your own faith, or do you have someone else's faith?
Kids in philosophy...  Alba and Dr. Norton...

SOLUTION
We must have our own faith!

1 Timothy 1:5 (NKJV) Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith.

Sincere, genuine, not hypocritical...

Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

INSTRUCTION

Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 1:17 (NKJV) For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Galatians 2:20 (NKJV) I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Ephesians 2:8 (NKJV) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

I Corinthians 12:7, 9 (NKJV) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all… to another faith by the same Spirit…

Galatians 5:22 (NKJV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith

Romans 10:17 (NKJV) So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

INSPIRATION
Abraham – Father of faith

Hebrews 11:8-10; 11:17-19; Romans 4:16-22; Hebrews 6:13-20; Numbers 23:19-20

ACTION STEPS:

1.  Know what you believe. (Ask for problem areas; apply Word)
2.  Stand for what you believe.
3.  Live what you believe.

You may be asking, “What does this have to do with genuine love?”

When I am secure in my faith, I can respond to others in love without fear.

When others disagree with me…
When others reject me…
When others have expectations of me…

Lady from Arkansas…

HASHTAG  #livefaith   1 Corinthians 13:13

INVITATION
John 3:16 (NKJV) For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment