Sunday, April 5, 2020

DO NOT FEAR, YOUR KING IS HERE!

MESSAGE DO NOT FEAR, YOUR KING IS HERE!
Uncertainty is all around us today. We don’t know how this will end or when it will end or even if it will end! We all have some concern about our own lives. All of this “not knowing” breeds doubt and fear. I don’t know about you, but I would rather know the truth, even if it is bad. I can deal with truth, but not knowing makes it difficult to cope.
I want us to see today that right into the middle of the uncertainty; into the city with walls all around that is our lives; Jesus rides right in and proclaims:
John 12:15 (NKJV) “Fear not, daughter of Zion; Behold, your King is coming,”
Jesus makes a declaration: Do not fear, your King is here! Do we hear Him? Whatever circumstance we find today: Do not fear, our King is here! Whatever war and struggle we find today: Do not fear, our King is here! Whatever enemy is fighting us today: worry, finances, health, disease: Do not fear, our King is here!
We can say with King David:
Psalms 56:3–4 (NKJV) Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?
Notice David said when, not if. We cannot stop fear from coming, but we can deal with it. How? By trusting in God’s promises. The promises of God are the recurring theme. Whatever the natural world brings against me, His Word stands forever!
Psalms 56:10–11 (NKJV) In God (I will praise His Word), In the LORD (I will praise His Word), In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Again, whatever the natural world brings against me, His Word stands forever!
Can I just summarize the theme? Whenever I feel fear coming on me, I will praise His Word, I will praise His Word, I will praise His Word!
Why? God Himself honors His own Word!
Psalms 138:2 (NKJV) I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your Name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for You have magnified Your Word above all Your Name.
When we speak God’s Word back to Him, He honors it! In prayer we confess the promises of God back to Him and He hears and acts according to His Word.
1 John 5:14–15 (NKJV) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us; and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of him.
God’s Word is His will! When we pray the Word, we pray His will!
Let’s go back for a minute to the Palm Sunday scene. Jesus has arrived in Jerusalem for the Passover. On the way he has performed multiple miracles; He has healed many people; He has cast out devils; He had even raised the dead! There is a spirit of expectancy in the crowd. They start chanting Scripture:
Hosanna, Hosanna, Son of David, help us, save us, blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord. What happens? Jesus shows up to help and to save! He shows up and shows off!
Where do you need God to “show up and show off” today in your life? I don’t care what you are facing, talk back to God with His promises. Take the promises of God and pray then back to God. God answers the prayers He initiates. His promises are the starter fluid to light the fire of God in your life!
For example, (read several passages from the Jesus Person Pocket Promise Book by David Wilkerson) …
As we end today, let’s make three declaration: I will not fear, my King is here! I will praise His Word, I will praise His Word, I will praise His Word!
PRAYER

No comments:

Post a Comment