Sunday, October 13, 2019

17th ANNIVERSARY SERVICE: BUILDING THE KINGDOM


17th ANNIVERSARY SERVICE
October 13, 2019

I want to just talk to you out of my heart today.

I have no doubt that God purposed Restoration Fellowship.

A firm conviction I could not ignore...  
A huge need: unchurched people...  
A miraculous provision...  

Significant changes

1st Phase: Build the church

As we started our effort was to get enough people to pay the bills! We were building an organization, setting into motion the foundation and structure that would serve us in years to come.

2nd Phase: Build the people

I can remember the day it changed. I had all the men come to the front and stand with me. God spoke to me to make a commitment to them that I would no longer concentrate on building a church, but to focus on building the people.

3rd Phase: Build the Kingdom

I now sense another a change. It has been in the works for a few years but is now always before me. We now need to move from building the people in our church and minister to the people outside of our church. In the years to come we must focus on building the Kingdom of God!

What is the Kingdom of God like?

In Matthew 13 Jesus tells several stories, parables, that give some vivid insight into the Kingdom of God. These are often called “The Parables of the Kingdom”.

The Parable of the Sower
Our job is to share the Gospel.

The Parable of the Wheat and Tares
Let God sort ’em out.

The Parable of the Mustard Seed
Great things often start small.

The Parable of the Leaven
It doesn’t take much to make a difference.

The Parable of the Hidden Treasure
People are the treasure we seek.

The Parable of the Pearl of Great Price
Jesus is worth everything.

The Parable of the Dragnet
We catch ’em; God cleans ’em!

How do we Build the Kingdom?

By fulfilling our vision: Restoring, Refreshing, Rebuilding

Restoring the fallen.  
Rebuilding the broken.  
Refreshing the weary.  

By fulfilling our mission: Helping people find hope in a spiritual family.
  
Offering hope to people in dark places.  

This is my prayer for us in the years to come…

Isaiah 58:12 (NKJV) Those from among you shall build the old waste places; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to dwell in!

No comments:

Post a Comment